Welcome

Welcome
John William Tuohy lives in Washington DC

Thoreau, my fellow New Englander, is a favorite of mine and has been since I was a teen.




“Time is but the stream I go fishing in. I drink at it, but while I drink I see the sandy bottom and detect how shallow it is. Its thin current slides away, but eternity remains. I would drink deeper; fish in the sky, whose bottom is pebbly with stars.” Henry David Thoreau 


 “You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.” Henry David Thoreau





Relax and Breathe
If you want to enjoy your life today …
1. Make peace with the past and decide to let it go.
2. Choose to be present and to focus on this moment.
3. Smile and laugh often; enjoy the little things.
4. Be positive and grateful; remember ALL life’s blessings.
5. Don’t allow other people to affect your happiness.
6. Don’t listen to, or ruminate on, empty lies and gossip.
7. Be patient in your struggles - and know that trials end.



Poem to Be Read at 3 A.M. - Donald Justice 


Excepting the diner
 On the outskirts
 The town of Ladora
 At 3 A.M.
 Was dark but
 For my headlights
 And up in
 One second-story room
 A single light
 Where someone
 Was sick or
 Perhaps reading
 As I drove past
 At seventy
 Not thinking
 This poem
 Is for whoever
 Had the light on