Welcome

Welcome
John William Tuohy lives in Washington DC

My Daily Prayer




Below is a prayer I recite every day, it’s called the Prayer of Saint Francis.

Usually I just have a one-on-one conversation with God but the Prayer of Saint Francis is e my talking points (For lack of a better way to put it) meaning  I use it as a rough guide of what I need to do in the course of a day.

By the way, St. Francis, as brillant and awesome (A much over used word) as he was, didn’t write this prayer, somebody made that up. A fan of St. Francis I suspect. The prayer was more than probably written in about 1912 (St. Francis lived in the 13th century) by Fr. Esther Bouquerel.

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is discord, harmony;
Where there is error, truth;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.