Welcome

Welcome
John William Tuohy lives in Washington DC

it’s all about unlearning fear

For those of us on a spiritual journey, it’s all about unlearning fear.  Unlearning fear and replacing it with the love it took away, the love and the happiness and the good nature that we are born with.  
Of course that’s easier said than done. You gotta have faith that you’ll win. Faith in yourself, faith in the power of goodness.
A childhood in foster care has left me filled with fear, and anger and hate and suspicion but with all of that I’m one of the lucky ones.  It hasn’t killed me. But it has killed others and it continues to kill them, by the thousands every year. Of the 20,000 kids who will age-out of foster care this year, about half will fall to homelessness, jail, drug addiction, lack of opportunity, lack of education, teenage pregnancy, no support on any front and it all takes its toll.
Still, I struggle every day to lose the fear and it is an epic war within my soul and honestly, I lose more battles than I win and it’s discouraging and I have never known peace.       
Do you know the saying “Be kind, for everyone you meet is a fighting hard battle”?
Well, it’s like that.
But I keep trying.  I know the verse from somewhere in the bible that reads “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith”
When my time is done that’s what I want to be able to say about myself. I unlearned hate. I never allowed fear to win. I fought the good fight.
We, you and I, are fellow traveler, so I’ll let you know how it goes and I wish you nothing but victory in your own struggle.